Roughly two weeks ago, I found myself feeling completely over winter. It was quite timely, then, that I had scheduled within a few days of this feeling an escape to warmer waters.
I’m in Oahu, Hawaii, an island I’ve been to several times already and adore like a second home. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend it because of the people, the food, and of course, the beaches. It’s an eleven-hour flight for me, which sounds horrendous, especially to go somewhere within the United States, but to me it’s worth it. Hawaii has a totally different vibe from the mainland United States — much more relaxed, friendly, and filled with that famous aloha spirit.
My top 10 things to do in Oahu are:
- Drink: fresh coconut water from road stands on the North Shore
- Play: in Lanikai beach, probably one of the prettiest beaches I’ve been to
- Visit: Haleiwa town on the North Shore
- Eat: at shrimp trucks on the North Shore, especially Dat Cajun Guy & Giovanni’s
- Eat: at Shirokiya Japan Village Walk, a beautiful newly renovated collection of Japanese food stalls that immerses you in Japanese culinary culture (chicken katsu curry! okonomiyaki!)
- Drive: through Oahu’s scenic highways, including Pali highway, I-H3, Likelike highway
- Watch: the gigantic waves at Ehukai beach, famous for the talented surfers that frequent it
- Shop: around the island: in Haleiwa town, in Waikiki, at Ala Moana mall
- Eat: at Crepes Na Ka’Oi, one of my favorite crepe places in the world
- Eat: (TIE) spam musubi at Musubi Cafe Iyasume & coco puffs at Liliha Bakery
What’s your favorite paradise getaway? And what makes it special? I’d love to hear ❤
(Lace dress from American Apparel, Bikini from Topshop, Hat from Ross, Sunglasses from ZeroUV, Phone case by Skinnydip London from Nasty Gal)